Monday, July 12, 2010

July 12, 2010

Today I'm thankful for my mom.  She goes above and beyond, when it comes to her kids and her grandkids.


She came over today and spent a few hours helping me get the house back in order, and picking a few more green beans.  It drives me nuts when she comes over and finds me cleaning, and decides to jump in and help.  (I'd rather do things myself . . .)  However, I'm always glad for her company.  And she DOES inspire me to get more done than I had originally planned, even though I'm worn out by the end of the day.


Maybe I'll sleep good tonight. 

It's been a challenging and busy day.  After Dave headed off to work, Eli woke up and wanted me to lay down with him in MY bed.  Soon after, Bayleigh joined us.  They slept in until 9:00, while I laid in bed reading.

As soon as I got everyone up and fed, I started cleaning on the living room.  (It's been a wreck ever since the garage sale on the 4th of July weekend.)  The kids were supposed to be helping, but Bayleigh purposely defied a direct order . . . so she got to spend an hour or so in her room.  Whining and sobbing at the top of her lungs.

I let her come out around lunch time, and continued cleaning.  Then mom came over to visit, and jumped in helping me pick things up, and put them away.

After she left, I finally had my own lunch around 3:00 p.m., then I jumped on the treadmill for 30 minutes.  (2.25 miles today.)

I made it halfway through my run, when Eli woke up from his nap.  He proceeded to throw a fit, so I jumped off the treadmill for a few minutes to calm him down.  He wanted to go to grandma's house and there was no getting him sidetracked.  So I finished my run while I listened to him scream. 

I'm thinking I need a little break.  Dave is off work tomorrow, so maybe I can con him into watching the kids, while I do some more catch-up cleaning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment