Wednesday, July 21, 2010

July 20, 2010

Today I'm thankful for Dave watching the kids, while mom and I headed off to our eye appointment.  It would have been extremely hard keeping them occupied, while we spent over two hours doing and exam and waiting on someone to get our prescriptions filled at Eye Masters.  (I won't be going back, by the way; except to pick up my glasses.)


When we headed out at 9:30 a.m. the sky was overcast and it looked like a good storm was moving in.


But 20 minutes South, the sun was shining and it was as hot as ever.  Mom and I had our exams, picked out our glasses and FINALLY got out of Eye Masters in time to do some speed shopping, and then meet up with Dave and the kids at the dentist's office.  Eli had to have three teeny tiny fillings filled, and he did a super job.  The dental assistants were really proud of him . . . and so was mommy and daddy.

After the dentist appointment, mom and I ran to Braum's for some lunch (at 3:30 p.m.), while Dave occupied the kids at Bass Pro.  We met up again at Bass Pro, and then switched the kids over to my Jeep, so Dave could go to his staff meeting, and I could get the kids to their swimming lessons on time.


Today was Eli's first jump off the diving board.  He had a blast and wanted to continue jumping off the diving board over and over again.  The child has absolutely no fear.  He did really well, and I think by the time swimming lessons are done next week, he will have a pretty good grasp of swimming. 

I was in the pool today too.  Helping keep Eli in line, while trying to help him along with the other kids in level 2.  Maybe by the time swimming lessons are over with, I won't have quite such a phobia about being seen in public in a bathing suit.  I'm just weird about things like that.

What an exhausting day!  Dave is staying up late to watch a movie with the kids and I'm off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment