Monday, July 5, 2010

July 5, 2010

Today I'm thankful for the RAIN!  It's been a long time since we got more than a few sprinkles at a time; however today, we actually got a down pour!


Of course it came AFTER I watered the garden, but I'll take all I can get.


I spent most of my day doing laundry and dishes, taking out garbage and trash, and just cleaning in general.  I've still got a long way to go before it's back to it's normal self, but at least I made a dent today.

Above are a few more of my "treasures" from the garage sale this weekend.  Soup jars.  I plan on using these to organize my ribbons and fibers in my scrapbooking room.  I've been searching all over for the old glass half pint jars with glass lids and bails, but I don't want to pay more than a dollar for them . . . so I'm striking out in that arena.  These will do nicely though.  They match, they have lids and I can label them!

I ran 4.25 miles in 56:06 minutes today.  I'm finding that if I work out later in the morning, my Pilates and my running are much easier.  I'm more limber, AND it gives me a much needed energy boost when I need it most.  I think I'm just going to re-arrange things a bit so I can continue with my mid-day exercising.  I may take up YOGA in the mornings to fill in that time slot with a little more stretching and quiet time.  It seems like I'm always tweeking my schedule . . . but I think that's what keeps me on my toes.  I'm always looking for improvement.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome shot of the window, love the raindrops on it.

    The jars are beautiful and CHEAP ;)

    Happy you're still doing your exercise. Did you try using Declofenac? Its sold under the name (Voltaren), very good fro Arthritis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks M.!

    Dave doesn't think I have arthritis. He's looking into some strength exercises, as he thinks it's just some weak/stiff muscles causing the issue. I notice that after I run about a mile to a mile and a half, my knee doesn't hurt at all. It's almost like it just needs loosened up a little more. Strange . . . but maybe I just need to stretch out my right knee a little more than my left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that's the case, then you'll need to do a very good warm-up & stretching before every run.

    Don't let it bring your spirit down.

    ReplyDelete