Monday, July 19, 2010

July 18, 2010

Today I'm thankful for unexpected photo opportunities. 


After church, I fixed a quick lunch and tried to get the kids to lay down and rest with me.  After two nights of very little sleep, I was feeling the need for a nap!  Unfortunately the kids didn't take very long naps, as Dave had promised them we would all go to a "new" golf course after nap time.


I would have much rather stayed at home and rested, but the lure of new photo opportunities won out over the nap.


We hadn't tried the course at Warsaw before, so it was a new "treat".  Dave and Bayleigh practised on the driving range while Eli and I practised on the putting green.


Needless to say . . . with the heat and the short attention span, Eli was done rather quickly.


And he wanted to explore the driving range with Dave and Bayleigh.


It looks like a pretty nice place to play a game of golf  . . .


and I'm sure we'll be back again soon.


After Dave and Bayleigh finished up, we drove around to the beach and picnic areas, and then checked out the little park by the dam.


There were several people sitting on the bank, trying to catch fish . . .


and we saw a huge flock of blue herons.  One right after the other.  I wish I'd had my zoon lens.  (If you look closely at the photo above, you can see one flying right above the water, right about the middle of the photo.)

After we finished cruising around, we ate at the Mexican restaurant, did a little grocery shopping and headed home.  It was an exhausting afternoon, but I'm glad the kids had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment