Thursday, July 1, 2010

July 1, 2010

Today I'm thankful for new treasures.  As they say . . . one man's junk is another's treasure.


Can you guess what might be hidden in this cute little carrying case?


Lots of goodies. 

My mom's friend wanted to have a garage sale at my house for some reason, so I was the lucky one that got to help set up (for 6 hours), and I was also lucky to find a few neat items.  Like this old Polaroid.  It's completely mint (as is the case).  I'm hoping I might be fortunate enough to run into some film for this beauty, so I can try it out.  But I'm not holding my breath . . .

I ran 3.2 miles in 40:01 minutes today.  Still messing with all the speeds and inclines and such.  I may get it figured out by the end of the month, if I can keep it up.

And the rest of my day was spent helping everyone get ready for the garage sale tomorrow.  I guess I'll be getting up at the butt crack of dawn to get things going, so I'm headed off to get the kids in bed, and grab a quick shower.

Hope I can survive the weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I used to have that very same camera... I was a kid..didn't appreciate what I had.. and it met an untimely demise.... Had fun while it lasted though! JoAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat camera find! I've been eyeing some of the vintage stuff, just haven't taken the plunge. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoAnne . . . that's so cool! If I can find any film, I may have to have you show me how to use it! lol

    Shirley . . . this is really my first vintage find. I'd been on the fence about "collecting" anything else, but now that I have a room of my own, I took the plunge! I think I'm going to have to build a shelf over my window to put my "finds" on now. lol

    ReplyDelete