Monday, July 26, 2010

July 24, 2010

Today I'm thankful for beautiful bouquets, playing in the sprinkler, and good Summer storms.


I spent my morning speed cleaning, while Dave had the kids outside.  It's much easier to clean when there aren't little (or big) hands messing things up right behind me as I go.  After her outside excursions, Bayleigh brought me this beautiful bouquet of (ehem) "flowers" from the back yard.  I like little bouquets like this so much better than the one's from the florist, because I know this one was picked especially for me, by my sweet little girl.


I spent my afternoon goofing off on the computer while Eli took his nap, Dave studied out on the deck and Bayleigh played in the sprinkler. 


I'm glad she had time to play outside before the storms moved in, later in the day.  We ended up getting over a half inch of rain in a very short period of time, and it was nice to sit out on the deck and watch it move through.

I REALLY miss my schedule/routine.  One more week of swimming lessons and then I'm forcing myself (and the kids) back into some semblance of order.  This Summer has been completely sporadic and spontaneous; which is good up to a point, but really bad for my running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment