Friday, July 9, 2010

July 9, 2010

Today I'm thankful for accomplishments . . . small though some of them may be.


It seems like I've been gone so much lately, that my housework has fallen WAY behind.  Luckily I was able to catch up with most of the laundry and the dishes today.  I'm just needing a few days at home to get things back in order . . . but it doesn't look like that is going to happen until Monday.

Bible School is in full swing.  (I missed helping out yesterday, due to the kid's dentist appointments . . .)  Vicky wasn't able to make it today.  A very sweet woman (Vicky's mom) passed away this afternoon and she will be greatly missed.  Our thoughts and prayers are with the family.


Thankfully Tammy and David were there to help me out!  I don't know if I could have wrestled all 6 kids by myself or not!  Things started off really well, with a story about Noah's Ark, but the boys got bored pretty quickly.  So we marched and sang "Jesus Loves Me".  Then the kids made some more hand puppets (since Bayleigh and Eli hadn't got to make their's yesterday) and we wrapped up with a game of football to let them all run off some steam.  Two hours is a long time to keep these kids focused.  I don't know WHAT I'm going to come up with for tomorrow, but it's going to have to be something active, I'm thinking . . .

My plans are pretty up in the air right now.  I'm not sure what I'll be doing tomorrow.  (Dave mentioned heading back to Silver Dollar City with the kids, so they could meet Scooby Doo . . . but I feel obligated to stay and help finish up Bible School.  And I'd rather stay close to home anyway.  I have A LOT of catching up to do!)

I ran 2.23 miles today in 30 minutes.  Since I'm taking it easy on my knees, until I can get my hamstrings properly stretched and strengthened, I'll be cutting my run in half for a few weeks.  I just can't NOT run.  I'm afraid of the "what if's" . . .  Like what if . . . I stop running for two weeks, so I can strengthen and stretch my hamstrings, and then just decide that it's too hard to jump back on the treadmill? 

I've worked too hard to get where I'm at.  And I have a goal of at least one six mile run by the end of the month.  I know I could probably do it right now, but my knees would pay dearly and I will not sacrifice injury this far into my goal.  I've saved my money and tomorrow I will be ordering my first pair of top of the line running shoes.  (*Part of my knee tenderness is due to wearing worn out running shoes.  The cushiony part of the soles are starting to come loose.)  I can't wait to get them, and get myself back into the game and up to a higher standard of running!

No comments:

Post a Comment