Friday, November 13, 2009

November 12, 2009

I'd completely forgotten about my 12 of 12 this morning, so I got a little bit of a late start. Today starts week #2 of my Get Great Photos with Any Camera class, over at BPS.

For day one's assignment, I actually used Elvis the cat, since he was much more cooperative than my fit throwing 3 year old. At least Elvis sits still for close ups, which was our assignment for day one.

Thankfully the fit throwing didn't last too long and around 3:15 he finally laid down for his nap.

Which was great timing, since sissy gets off the bus a short time after that.

Today's kitty greeter of the day was Purr Face. The cats must have a built in clock. As soon as it's time for the bus to come, one or more of them are waiting eagerly to be roughed.

And since Eli was still napping, I decided to do all the outside chores. I took Ike his daily meds . . .

Fed both the dogs . . .

and while Bayleigh gathered eggs,

I fed and watered her chickens.

Next I filled the stove . . .

and I noticed these frisky little felines out in the garden while I was carrying wood back and forth from the back of the truck. Apparently they've found a nice warm hiding place to abide outside.

The garden is officially done for the year. Or at least I'm calling it done. No more bean hulling, tomato picking, or canning. Ahhhh. Just another reason why this is my favorite time of the year.

After we got in from choring, Bayleigh commandeered the remote . . .

fixed a PB & J sandwich,

and shortly thereafter, passed out. I almost didn't know what to do with myself! Two sleeping kids? At the same time?
So I decided to bring my dining room rug back in from airing out. This is the one that Elvis is dearly in love with. However, he also likes to potty on it, so I aired it out, (left it out in the rain several days), and then brought it in to clean. It will be going upstairs behind closed doors. It's got to be something to do with the sisal . . . wish I'd have know that BEFORE I bought it.

The kids slept for quite a while and finally woke up just before Dave got home.

I'm still hoping to get caught up on some of that sleep I've been missing out on. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment